Terms and Conditions
TheLightFull Ltd hires TheLightFull Studio facilities, including the studio equipment, located at 45 Hurst Road, DA15 9AE Sidcup, Greater London to the Hirer during the dates and times mentioned in the contract and any additional dates added later, with the understanding that in no event shall TheLightFull Ltd be held liable for direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential loss due to the use of this facilities or equipment by the Hirer. The Hirer hereby waives TheLightFull Ltd from being responsible for any incidents or accidents which may occur to or caused by the Hirer or persons associated with the Hirer.
The Hirer shall be fully responsible for their team members, their health and safety, as well as their actions.
(TheLightFull Ltd highly recommends a photo or video session insurance since once the contract is signed, TheLightFull Ltd is relieved of all responsibility for unforeseen circumstances, eg. fire, mechanical building breakdown, etc.)
The hire contract does not create an affiliation or partnership between the Hirer and TheLightFull Ltd, and TheLightFull Ltd takes no responsibility for and does not endorse the content of activities which the Hirer carry out in its studio.
The studio must not be used for illegal or unlawful purposes, must not infringe any person's legal rights or any other terms and conditions, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Particularly, the use of TheLightFull studio must not:
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime, or the promotion of criminal activity;
- depict violence;
- be for pornographic or sexually explicit purposes;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be use for any offensive, defaming, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, embarrassing, discriminatory or inflammatory purpose;
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person;
- be connected with an intention to impersonate any other person, misrepresent their identity or their affiliation with any person or to give a false impression that the Hirer work content comes from another person.
Booking and fees
TheLightFull Ltd doesn’t take bookings over the phone. All reservations must be made via email or through booking form on the studio website. The submission of the booking form or a reservation enquiry made by email doesn’t mean that the booking has been automatically confirmed.
The reservation is guaranteed when TheLightFull Ltd receives the enquiry form, confirms the slot is available, and 100% of the hire price is paid.
The detailed list of TheLightFull Ltd fees is available on its website: Prices.
The returnable £100 security deposit is required to be paid before the hire starts.
An extra 5% of the fee is required for each additional person if the party is larger than 6 people.
For groups larger than 12 people extra arrangements are necessary.
The use of paper backgrounds is free, unless any damage such as, smudging, stains or tears occurs. In situations like these, an extra charge of £15 per meter applies.
The hire fee should be paid in full not later than 24 hours after the Hirer has reserved their time slot and their session time is confirmed. Otherwise, the reservation will not be guaranteed.
The returnable security deposit (£100) should be paid 24 hours before the hire session starts.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
If a cancellation is submitted at least 14 days prior to the session, the Hirer will receive a full refund. The Hirer can also decide to reschedule their session. In this situation, 100% of the payment will be counted towards the rescheduled booking.
If a cancellation is submitted less than 14 days but at least 7 days prior to the session, the cancellation fee, equal to 50% of total hire cost, shall be payable to TheLightFull Studio. The Hirer can also decide to reschedule their session. In this situation, 50% of the payment will be counted towards the rescheduled booking.
If a cancellation is submitted less than 7 days prior to the session, then a cancellation fee equal to 100% of total hire cost shall be payable to TheLightfull Studio. The Hirer is welcome to make another booking.
In the highly unlikely and exceptional case that TheLightFull Ltd cancels the booking, the full refund of the deposit will be made or, if that’s what the Hirer prefers, the session will be rescheduled. TheLightFull Ltd doesn’t take responsibility for consequential loss, therefore, does not provide compensation.
In the situation that the session needs to be cancelled for reasons neither the Hirer nor TheLightFull Ltd is responsible for, the full refund or rescheduled session will be offered.
- The Hirer agrees that if any equipment, furniture, fixtures etc. are mishandled, broken, ruined or stolen while the hirers are using the studio, they will replace the items or pay repair/replacement costs within 48 hours.
- No more than 6 people can be in the studio at the same time unless there is a different agreement with the studio owner.
- The Hirer takes full responsibility for the studio, equipment, furniture, fixtures etc. and should never leave the studio unattended during the entire hire period unless it’s agreed with the studio owner.
- The Hirer is responsible for informing the studio owner about anything unusual in the condition of the studio and the studio equipment the Hirer is using before commencing the session.
- Smoking, heavy consumption of alcoholic beverages, and the use of illegal drugs are strictly prohibited in the studio.
- No marks can be made on the studio floor by gaffer tape, duck tape, paint, markers etc. Depending on the damage, a charge for fixing/cleaning the floor will apply.
- All lights are to be turned off when not in use.
- The studio is not soundproofed and located in a suburban area, the noise should be kept by the Hirer at a reasonable level.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring the session is run in line with current health and safety legislation. TheLightFull Ltd takes no responsibility for the health and safety of the Hirer and other participants of the session. If there is any exceptional applicable law such as quarantine safety rules, the Hirer is solely responsible to obey it. Any costs resulted from not obeying the existing law by the Hire and their team lies with the Hirer.
- The Hirer needs to know at least the basics about the studio lighting equipment if they decide to use it.
- If the session involves participants who are under the age of 18 or classed as vulnerable adults, the Hirer is responsible for ensuring that the relevant DBS checks have been obtained.
- The studio Hirers are allowed to mention TheLightFull Studio in their advertising as the venue where their activity is taking place, but must not use the words “TheLightFull Studio” in the title of their event.
- The studio will be left clean and neat by the Hirer. Minimum £30 charge for cleaning service will be charged otherwise.
- The studio shall be vacated at the time specified in this contract. Shall delays occur, overtime charges will apply.
- Items left at the studio for more than 7 days will be assumed abandoned and may be discarded.
- TheLightFull Ltd is not liable for and cannot cover a loss of the Hirer’s personal property.
- Overtime/extra hours can be booked only if they are not in collision with any other bookings.
TheLightFull Ltd reserves the right to terminate the sessions immediately if any terms of this contract have been violated.
I hereby state that I have read and understood this contract. I have checked and confirmed that the studio and all equipment is in good condition. I understand that CCTV is in operation at all times.